412 Broadway Apartments
412 Broadway, now known as Barclay Broadway, is a mixed-use development that includes 118 residential rental units, 20% of which are designated as affordable housing. The project also includes two levels of below grade parking, a large bicycle storage room, fitness room, roof top amenity space, and 6,500 sf of retail space. A first in Washington, this Platinum Certified LEED for Homes project demonstrates Gerding Edlen’s ongoing commitment to sustainability and community.
LEED Platinum Highlights:
• Barclay Broadway was built to operate 25% more efficiently than a typical building.
• Native adaptive plants help lower its need for landscape irrigation by 60%.
• Eco-roof, with storm water capture, works to lessen the burden on city infrastructure and improve the local habitat.
• Façade reflects light, rather than absorbing it, maintaining a comfortable microclimate and minimizing its footprint on the local environment.
• 75% of construction waste was recycled.
• On-site solar energy provides nearly half of the building’s annual hot water needs.